Summer Convention 2021
April 23 @ 8:00 am - April 24 @ 5:00 pm
OREGON STATE ELKS ASSOCIATION
6950 SW Hampton St. Ste 232 • Portland, Oregon 97223 • 503.716.8668
Here’s the news you have been waiting for!! Summer Convention will be held this year at Seaside April 23-24. It will be a scaled down convention due to COVID restrictions. As always, this will be subject to change depending on where the county stands on the state designated COVID level, but for now these are the plans.
- Each lodge can have six (6) individuals attend the sessions and President reception. One of these might be your ER or a designated alternate. The individuals could be 6 members or 3 members and their spouses/guests, etc. State Association officers and Past State Presidents do not count in this count nor does anyone from the Credential/Nominating committee. Anyone from your Lodge may come to Seaside, but only the six individuals the Lodge designates may attend Convention sessions or events planned by OSEA.
- For those not comfortable coming to convention during a pandemic, we encourage them to remain at home as the health and safety of our members are important.
- Balloting will be done ahead of time like last year where the delegates will be casting their votes at the lodge and then the ER/designate will deliver the ballots to convention.
- There will be no breakout sessions on Friday morning as we have had in the past. The business session will start promptly at 1 pm at the Convention Center on Friday.
- There will be two social events, the VIP Dinner which will be by invitation only and the President’s Reception on Saturday afternoon at the Seaside Lodge. Other organized social events were eliminated this year due to COVID attendance limitations.
- All COVID restrictions will be firmly observed during the convention – masks, social distancing as can be done.
- I will try to keep you updated of any changes as this is subject to change every two weeks when the governor releases the COVID status of the counties in the state.
I hope to have the registration information out to you by the end of the week. We are still trying to get restriction attendance numbers for the rooms and events. I have attached the list of hotels supplied to me by the Convention Committee at Seaside.
Hope to see you in Seaside.
Emma – OSEA Executive Secretary