Over 600 Elks attended the Oregon State Convention in Seaside from April 21st to 23rd. The three day event included a VIP dinner, a breakfast for Exalted Rulers, a spouse’s lunch, a past District Deputies dinner and a Past State Presidents dinner. During the sessions, state chairmen gave their annual reports, elections were held for open state officer’s positions, a memorial was held for deceased members and the Installation of State Officers and appointed officers took place.
During the session, representatives from the Oregon Elks Children’s Eye Clinic and Camp Meadowood addressed the membership. It was noted that the children’s eye clinic is now designated the Oregon Elks Children’s Eye Clinic.
Those officers installed or appointed were:
- State President- Jerry Endicott
- 1st Vice President- Dan Lowe
- 2nd Vice President- Herm Blum
- 3rd Vice President- Mary Williams
- 4th Vice President- Kim Duty
- 5th Vice Presidentt- Rick Shipley
- 6th Vice President- Ben Adams
- 7th Vice President- Nick Bettencourt.
- Trustee Chairman of the Board- Jerry Sternes
- 1st Trustee- Ginny Van Loo
- 2nd Trustee-Paul Schulze
- 3rd Trustee- Terry Brant
- 4th Trustee- Doug Riggs
- 5th Trustee- Gary Miller
- 6th Trustee- Richard Schmidt
- 7th Trustee- Diane Norton.
Also installed were Executive Secretary- Emma Pletz, Treasurer- Jim Doerfler, Sgt. at Arms- Mike Brown, Assistant Sgt. at Arms- Mike Hargin, Chaplain- Rocky King, Inner Guard- Justin Phillips, Assistant Inner Guard- Charles Noyes III, Tiler- Bob Cox, Organist- Dean Lemire, Photographer- Tom Winters
State Convention 2017 will also be held in Seaside next April.